Dog Guard Out of Sight Fencing
DOG GUARD CUSTOMER TERMS AND CONDITIONS (REVISION 12/11/13)
1) TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE: The following terms and conditions apply to all sales by Dealer to Customer and supersede all prior discussions, negotiations, and representations between Dealer and Customer.
2) MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: If customer is not completely satisfied for any reason, Dealer agrees, at its sole cost and expense to refund the full purchase price, less the cost of installation, of any Dog Guard product sold hereunder within the first 30 days from the date of sale. Product must be in its original condition. Owner must have trained the dog to the training flags as instructed by the Dog Guard Trainer, at least 15 minutes per day for no less than 7 days. Every measure to correct problems with either the training of the dog or system operation must have been exhausted before refund will be given. The guarantee does not apply to self-install sales.
3) WARNING: Occasionally an animal cannot be trained to avoid crossing the boundary. Sometimes even a properly trained animal may cross the boundary. Therefore, company cannot guarantee that the unit will, in all cases, keep a customer’s animal within the established boundary. Accordingly, if a customer has reason to believe that their animal may pose a danger to others or harm itself if it is not kept from crossing the boundaries, customer should not rely solely upon unit to keep the animal from crossing the boundary.
4) INSTALLATION: Any additions or alterations to the work contracted for shall be subjected to additional charges. The installer will determine the final equipment and wire locations with the customer. The customer must provide a constant 110V outlet. The installer must drill through the most accessible area to gain access to the transmitter locations decided upon. A wire-laying machine is used, and a small slit is cut and sealed in the driveway. DEALER accepts no responsibility for damage to underground wires or pipes, etc. DEALER is not responsible for re-landscaping.
5) THIS LIFETIME WARRANTY HEREBY WARRANTS that MANUFACTURER will repair and/or replace the purchased Dog Guard transmitter, receiver, or surge protector which proves defective from normal wear and tear by reason of improper workmanship and/ or materials for the “Life of the System.” After the system has been in service for 3 years, manufacturer may impose a nominal handling and/or repair charge. Dog Chews are not covered. We will repair Dog Chews for a nominal fee, provided the electronics are intact. THIS WARRANTY ALSO STATES that in the case of lightning damage, we will repair and/or replace the TRANSMITTER for the life of the system provided an approved surge protector is installed (if no approved surge protector is installed, manufacturer may impose a nominal handling and/or repair charge) and;
a) The front of this purchase agreement or the sales receipt, or the equipment registration in the Owner’s manual must be completed and registered with DOG GUARD as follows: by MAIL to Sunward Electronics, Inc., 500 Federal Street, Suite 550, Troy, NY 12180 within 30 days of purchase, or register your Dog Guard equipment online at dogguard.com This warranty is limited to the original purchase of the unit at retail. When requesting warranty service, proof of purchase will be required. A copy of the warranty registration card or this sales receipt may be used.
b) The unit may be shipped, freight prepaid, or delivered to a facility authorized by DOG GUARD to render the service provided herein.
c) The unit must not have been previously altered, repaired, or serviced by anyone other than a service facility authorized by the MANUFACTURER. The unit must not have been subject to accident, misuse, abuse, or operated contrary to instruction contained in the accompanying manual. The use of any battery other than an approved battery from Dog Guard will void the warranty on the receiver. In some cases, the manufacturer may require a service charge.
d) For any equipment purchases prior to January 1, 2006, the manufacturer will impose a handling fee to repair unit.
e) The warranty does NOT cover any service charge the Dealer may impose for a service call and/or repairs.
6) LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Other than as provided in the express warranty set forth in section 5 above, neither Dog Guard nor company shall be liable to any claimant, either in tort or in contract, for its or their own negligence or otherwise, with respect to any claim relating to the unit sold under this agreement.
Except to the extent prohibited by applicable law, no other warranties expressed or implied other than those given in the writing at time of sale shall apply to this all. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL DOG GUARD, INC. BE LIABLE FOR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SUSTAINED IN CONNECTION WITH SAID UNIT. DOG GUARD, INC. NEITHER ASSUMES NOR AUTHORIZES ANY REPRESENTATIVE OR OTHER PERSON TO ASSUME FOR IT ANY OBLIGATION OR LIABILITY THAN SUCH AS IS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH HEREIN.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE LIABILITY OF DEALER AND/OR MANUFACTURER EXCEED THE TOTAL PURCHASE PRICE PAID BY CUSTOMER FOR THE INSTALLED UNDERGROUND FENCE.
7) EFFECTIVENESS OF AGREEMENT: This agreement becomes binding upon DEALER when signed by an authorized representative of DEALER at its home office. Terms and conditions of this agreement may not be altered.
Sunward Electronics, Inc.
500 Federal Street, Suite 550
Troy, NY 12180